H2Reg & Wise for
Windows Installer 4 Pro
Thanks to Tim Hitchings from
these instructions on how to use Wise for Windows Installer 4.02
Professional Edition (http://www.wise.com),
to install and uninstall Help2 help files using H2Reg.
- In the same location as your collection and help files
install a h2Reg_CmdFile.ini file for each collection you are installing.
- In the same location install a copy of H2Reg.exe and
- Using the 'MSI Script' section of Wise, chose the 'Execute
- After the 'InstallFiles' sequence item add an 'If NOT
- In that 'If NOT Installed' condition block add an 'Execute
Program From Destination' action.
- Set the actions' working directory to the location of
H2Reg.exe and the EXE and Command Line to something like '[WORKDIR]H2Reg.exe
-Q -R "cmdfile=H2Reg_YourProduct_HELP.ini"'
- Add an action for each ini file.
- To create a set of actions that will be called during the
uninstall add a condition block prior to the 'RemoveFiles' sequence item.
- The condition should be 'REMOVE~="ALL"' which will cause
the items inside the block to only be executed during an uninstall.
- Add the same type of actions as were created above for the